Bogense Old Harbour

Photo: Jens Wognsen
Activities
Yachting harbours
Address

Vestre Havnevej

5400 Bogense

Website

Read more

The harbour was built in 1828.

The eastern quay is the former trading and cargo port. DFDS (The United Steamship Company) had a steamship route between Copenhagen, Bogense and Vejle until about 1930.

The western quay was the fishing harbour with an auction hall, a fishmonger’s and a smokehouse.

There was a shipyard at the edge. The Aero Mill inside the harbour was built by the engineering company FL Smidth to produce direct current for the power plant. There was also a gas plant, a lime kiln and a cement plant.

Address

Vestre Havnevej

5400 Bogense

Facilities

Shopping

Sanitary facilities

Restaurant/Café

WiFi

Gasoline/Diesel

Follow on:

More ideas

Last updated by
Nordfyns Turistbureau