Hiking Route - Kærlighedsstien Haarby
Collaboration between the Heart Association Assens and Assens Municipality
In a collaboration between the Heart Association Assens and Assens Municipality, six heart trails have been established. These trails are marked exercise routes ranging from 3-7 km, where you will find signs with the Heart Association's logo along the route. The trails are accessible around the clock for everyone.
Focus on the Love Path in Haarby
One of these trails is the Love Path in Haarby, which we particularly focus on.
Starting Point and Route Description
The journey starts at the parking lot on Algade 71. The trail first crosses a green area and then crosses Haarby Å, after which it follows the stream southward. This part of the trail is known as the Love Path.
Nature and Wildlife
Along the trail, you can experience trout in the clear water and perhaps catch a glimpse of the kingfisher or dipper. The area is also home to old trees that house woodpeckers and bats.
Attractions Along the Way
You will pass a bypass channel, established in 2006, which helps the stream's trout to pass by the lakes. After the mill pond, you will come across the remains of an old fish farm.
The Route Continues
The trail continues along the bypass channel to the old power plant, where you turn over the sluice and around the purification plant. You will walk through green areas and finally reach Strandgade.
Starting point: The parking lot on Algade 71, 5683 Haarby, Assens. See the map over the route (description only in danish).
The Heart Association’s local committee of Assens in collaboration with Assens Municipality have established four heart paths in Assens Municipality. The Heart Paths are exercise routes 3 to 5 kilometres long.
You can use the Heart Paths
· to exercise near your home,
· to see how far you have come on the route,
· to have splendid nature experiences – alone or with others.
Ten good reasons to go for walks:
· to improve your cardio-vascular system – especially if you are out of
· to prevent hypertensio
· to improve your muscles’ metabolism and ability to burn fat;
· to increase your muscles’ sensitivity to insulin – which prevents
· to strengthen ligaments and muscles and prevent osteoporosis;
· to strengthen your immune response;
· to reduce the risk of stress, anxiety and depression;
· walking rarely causes injury, especially if you remember to start out
slowly and gradually increase the distance and the pace.
· you can walk almost everywhere – and walking requires a minimum
· walking is a safe and efficient method of exercise.