Tved kirke

Photo: VisitSvendborg
Attractions
Churches
Address

Tved Kirkevej 1B

5700 Svendborg

Contact

Email:elha@km.dk

Phone:23 37 19 40

Mobile:21 37 25 68

Website

Hjemmeside

The original Roman part of the church is built of travertine and fieldstone, and the church must have been tiny. In late-Gothic times the church was extended with a nave chancel, transepts to the north and south and a tower to the west. By Royal Charter in 1554 the church was ordered to be demolished and the congregation was referred to Vor Frue Kirke in Svendborg. This obviously upset and angered the little flock and on their request the decision was amended so that Tved church became annexed to Skårup church.
Address

Tved Kirkevej 1B

5700 Svendborg

Facilities

Village church

Last updated by