Gyldensteen Castle

Gyldensteen castle was first mentioned in 1409 as a farm called Enggaard owned by the nobleman Niels Thomesen. For centuries the castle has been owned by several different noble families until it 1719 was acquired by a French nobleman, J.H. Huguetan, who was accepted into the Danish nobility under the name Gyldensteen and has been owned by the family ever since. The present castle was built in 1640 on an embankment surrounded by water. The castle can only be seen from the street.

Share this page

Last updated by

Nordfyns Turistbureau [email protected]
 

Contact

Address

Burskovvej 2
5400 Bogense

Phone

+45 64811058

Fax

+45 64813858

Facilities

  • Access

    • By appointment only

Transport

Coordinates

Longitude : 10.144936
Latitude : 55.563943