The church in Bregninge was originally a roman Romanesque church from the 1200s with monumental Gothic arches built in the late 1400s.
The impressive steeple of the tower (characteristic of eastern Slesvig) is covered with oak shingles.
The fresco from approx. 1510 (including the Passion and the life of John the Baptist) were uncovered 1915-22 and most recently restored in 1956 by Egmont Lind.
Outstanding triptych from the period just before the Reformation. It was created by the famous master Claus Berg (he also built the triptych in Odense Cathedral).
The roof dates from late Middle Ages. The pulpit is in Renaissance style (1612). The northern entry to the churchyard is provided with a cattle grid.
Every day during the Danish school summer holidays from 11 am - 3 pm (except during religious ceremonies) a church guide is availiable for personal introduction to the church. Books, folders and post cards are on sale in the porch.
Vester Bregninge 15